Pages

Sunday 27 July 2014

BEDROOM DRESSER MAKEOVER

I came across this pine dresser last month (probably about 10 years old) on a buy and sell page. I'd been on the look out for some type of tallboy or dresser for my bedroom and thought this one had nice clean lines with a straight bevelled edge on the drawer (not rolled) so it was a little more modern straight away. With a few coats of white paint and some new knobs I thought it had heaps of potential so I bought it!
It was fairly easy to paint, I did three coats of white satin after a light sand and undercoat. It only took a few hours of work in total but in-between coats and our busy schedule it was a few weekends to finally get it in my room and filled. I'm really happy with the end result and it fits in our room nicely.
Enjoy the before and afters below!














I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend, I certainly did finishing off this and a few other little jobs around here…
Carla

10 comments:

  1. So nice! Where did you get the knobs from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the added pop of the handles, however my favorite pieces are actually the vintage glass bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its very beautiful blog information I love it.thanks for sharing
    Kilims Melbourne Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog admin, Thanks for sharing with us and this blog is very useful for me. If you need any requirements on restaurant and residential interior design, commercial interior design to visit Interior fit out companies in Abu Dhabi and Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really wonderful how you have modified an old piece of furniture in such a an amazing dresser. I like the decorations as well, its lovely and very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a stunning makeover. Kudos to you! If you are interested in similar ideas, visit interior renovation singapore for inspirations. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really appreciate it! x